Thursday, June 5, 2008

Archetype Cosmetics Review

Just thought I would take some time to write my thoughts on Archetype Cosmetics. I head about them on MUA about the same time as most people and was tempted into an order around mid March. They have samples availale for .25 cents that come in a zippered baggy, they are about 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. Many people hate getting sample baggies but I never find them messy to use I just forget I have certain colors!

Anyways, as far as customer service I think that there are some problems. Archetype was flooded with orders around when I first ordered. My order came within 2 weeks, but many people waited between 3 weeks and a month with little or no communication from the owner (even when they sent inquiries!). Archetype also does not send out any confirmation that your order has been shipped, which I personally do not like but I digress. For some reason I have been tempted into ordering a second time...we will see how that goes!

When I got my order I was over and underwhelmed all at once. The sites swatches and descriptions aren't terribly accurate but the colors are still very pretty and unique. Many have a duo color quality to them and/or shimmer that makes them unlike most colors you have ever seen. Make no mistake, these are not for the faint of heart or for those who insist on being "work appropriate" at all times, they are SUPER sparkly. My only qualm is that these really need a colored base under them such as a MAC paint pot or Fyrinnae Ink to really bring out the depth. So, after all that blabbing here are the swatches.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Persnickety, Torn Fishnets, Zeljana, Back to the Sea, Bengal, (not sure), Unseelie Court, Spook, The Oak King, Old Eire, Obssidian Butterfly, Full size color (not sure of name)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Poison Pen, Smoking Mirror, Queen of the Nile, Fool In the Rain, Seelie Court, The Gargoil Trees, St Alia of The Knife, Mausie

Photobucket
Photobucket
Child of Hounds, Erics Song, Venus Fly Trap, Ornaments Of Gold, Spook (for the second time apparently, oops!), Integras Dog II, Liliths Daughter, Red Death

Photobucket
Photobucket
Exhisit Corpse, China White, Autumn Leaves, Black Dahlia, Weeping Willow, Green Fairy, Dark Ouija, Twilight Aeval

Photobucket
Photobucket
Betties Bangs, Momento Mori, Turquoise Serpant, Ghost Dance, Katerina, Sly, Burning Water, Fuschias For Simon

Photobucket
Photobucket
Silumtoo, Midnight Aeval, Feathered Serpent, Cicatrix, Sex and Candy, Papaver Somnifer, Corpse Candle, Integras Dog I, Soap Bubble

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so helpful! Thanks so much :)
Do you still use them? I just placed an order but apparently I didn't get near as much as I think I should have :-p

Kelsey said...

Hello, I love your review! Are you still usig any of these? I am dying to get my hands on a few shades, but nobody is getting their orders :(
I wanted to do a swap but nobody has any archetype up!